benefits to the company
- Tidy and safe workplace – 25%
- Higher efficiency / productivity (OEE) – 70%
- Savings – 90%
- Process optimization – 80%
- Loss reduction – 60%
- Flow of materials – 90%
- Supply logistics optimization – 95%
- Improving warehousing operations – 90%
One of the main advantages of lean logistics is inventory management. Excess inventory leads to losses, and undersupply upsets customers in delays. By analyzing data, removing redundant workers, and maintaining inventory, you make sure production lines run smoothly and without inventory for extended periods of time. Lean logistics is a great way to reduce inventory risks.
Lean logistics processes also remove processes in which large losses occur from the supply chain, which shortens throughput times.
This increases efficiency and profit. You also don’t need as much storage space if you consistently rotate the product at the measured rate. This reduces the cost and amount of tied-up capital you need to run and maintain your business. Lean logistics has a very positive effect on fixed assets and successfully fights in cases where we are under pressure from lack of space.
What lean logistics is
If you have problems or doubts in the company about how to supply production, how to increase warehouse efficiency, or how to reduce costs. Get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you with advice or a free visit. Contact
When implementing lean logistics, you must first identify the roles of those who perform key business functions, such as purchasing, product distribution, and customer service. Motivate these people to join forces and prioritize the performance of the company and not the department they lead.
Create a detailed picture of all the processes that make up the supply chain as a group (VSM current state).
Then create a “future state” of what the supply chain would look like after eliminating processes that do not add value (VSM future state).
Once we have the desired state defined, we still have the implementation of the future state, we recommend that you divide the implementation steps into smaller segments, but the steps of improvement should be regular.
Adjust key performance indicators so that improvements can be quantified. Only in this way will we be able to see if the improvements really work, and at the same time the results will serve as additional motivation for us in generating new ones.
Experience shows that optimizing logistics can generate the greatest savings in the short term:
- if we focus on transport costs (external and internal),
- I bet
- number of employees.
THE GOAL OF SLIM LOGISTICS:
- Establishment of a logistics organization
- Reduction of 8 losses in processes
- Establishment of a pull system
- Synchronization of material and information flow
- Uninterrupted supply of production
- Optimal storage / supply system in warehousing and production
- Improving visualization systems and capabilities
- Minimize processes without added value
Topics with a lot of experience and we are happy to help you:
- Optimization of logistics processes
- Establishment of key logistics performance indicators (KPIs)
- Material flow planning
- Floor plan design (warehouses and production)
- Implementation of milk-run system
- Implementation of Kanban trains
- Kanban implementation
- Warehouse / space utilization optimization
- Establishment / Optimization of a returnable packaging system
- Reduction of inventory deviations
- Connection of material and information flow
- Establishment of a Logistics Organization
- Production planning
Using lean logistics will increase efficiency, profits and time capital. It will also have a positive impact on your customers as they will receive shipments faster and you will have more time to develop new products. Which your customers will need in the future.
Problems with which most companies meets at storage in care:
- Lack of space
- Poor utilization of space
- Poor work organization
- Search material
- Non-compliance with FIFO
- Material status
- Deficiencies in inventory
- Long logistical paths
- Packaging (Search, missing, packaging
- Line supply
- Flow times
Milk run inside the factory
In many companies, when the need for material supply arises, the order is transferred to the forklift driver, in a similar way as for taxis. The person in need of transport calls the switchboard, which arranges the first nearest driver to perform the transport.
City dwellers use taxis only occasionally because they are significantly more expensive than subway, tram or city bus services, which cover standard routes on standard routes at standard times.
Why not use similar logic in companies and reduce care costs.